Forums

Forums / Next Generation Science Standards / Teaching Light and Sound Waves in the first grade TONIGHT 6:30pm ET

Next Generation Science Standards

Teaching Light and Sound Waves in the first grade TONIGHT 6:30pm ET

Author Post
Carrie Vetrovsky Carrie Vetrovsky 520 Points

Thank you so much!

Abby Scheel Abby Scheel 2520 Points

This was a fantastic webinar. I am a college student taking an Elementary Science Methods course right now, where we are learning about NGSS and NSTA resources. Learning the ropes has proven to be a challenging task, but entirely worth it in the end! The reason I enjoyed this webinar in particular is the thoroughness of the explanation of the NGSS standards. It's a great reminder no matter what stage of the learning process you're at. I also enjoyed the KLEWS chart - I grew up using KWL charts in school. They dull in comparison to what KLEWS has to offer. It's great that the students get to propel their own learning in a way that makes sense, or flows, for their minds. I'd love to learn more about experiences with KLEWS charts - have they proven to be useful? How often do you utilize them (at the start of every unit, only a few times a year, etc.)? Thank you for a great resoruce!

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers