Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / Interactive "Free" Websites for Students

Elementary Science

Interactive "Free" Websites for Students

Author Post
Kelli Bajet Kelli Bajet 300 Points

Any know of any good Interactive "Free" websites for students? I have found a couple but nothing that I really like. Some are good for one topic and some for others. I feel that kids tend to be more interested if they are learning on the computer, so I'd like to expose them to more science on the web.

Patty McGinnis Patricia McGinnis 25635 Points

You can sign up for a free trial of Gizmos which features interactive simulations.

Here is another site with simulations. It is free; I'm not sure how much elementary stuff they have on it but the 7-12 teachers really like it. It is the University of Colorado at Boulder site.

Here's the elementary page: PHET

Brainpop is another good site with simulations

Here's a site with links to several interactive sites.

Good luck!

Kathy Renfrew Kathy Renfrew 37148 Points

Not free but Science4us.com is an interactive science site for K - 2 students. I think they have a $7.95 charge for a child per month for a family membership as well as classroom pricing for a year.

Betty Paulsell Betty Paulsell 48560 Points

Patricia, Thank you for the Create a DNA Finger Print http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/education/body/create-dna-fingerprint.html website that I found on your link to interactives. The interactive website is a treasure trove that I will share with many teachers and hope others reading this forum will take a look at!!!!

Bethsabet Mora Bethsabet Mora 2210 Points

This website http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/ is free, for kids, and contains a variety of topics. I hope this helps!

Kelli Bajet Kelli Bajet 300 Points

Thank you everyone.. I will be sure to check all of these websites to help me in my classroom.

Brittney Just Brittney Just 743 Points

Brainpop or BrainpopJr.  and science kids are both good ones.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers