Forums

Next Generation Science Standards

NGSS Report Card

Author Post
Inga Hershoff Inga Hershoff 10 Points

Good morning everyone!  My school is adopting NGSS this coming fall, and we are working on putting together a standards-based report card for the 5th grade NGSS standards.  Does anyone have a similar report card that they wouldn't mind sharing, to help give us some ideas?   Thank you!

Jessica Sawko Jessica Sawko 385 Points

San Francisco Unified has developed a new report card for elementary - if you contact the team there, they might be able to share a sample with you: http://www.sfusdscience.org/elementary-school.html.

Terry Wilson Terry Wilson 5845 Points

Hi Inga, My district is now in this position. I looked at the San Francisco examples that were shared. How did your work come along? Would you be willing to share? Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Terry

Ann Pearson Ann Pearson 310 Points

Achieve.org has put together rubrics for evaluating curricula that might be helpful to your team - they are exceptionally thorough! :) Also, Houghton Mifflin has built a curriculum from the ground up around NGSS and it does a beautiful job interweaving all three dimensions - they also have a Trace Tool that shows not only where you can see the 3D in their program, but it also shows the progression of standards from one grade to the next. It's a really neat tool and I believe they are going to make it available for free at some point - you might want to ask your HMH rep about it.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers