Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / Time Delimma

Early Childhood

Time Delimma

Author Post
Katherine Reece Katherine Reece 60 Points

NGSS provides a wonderful opportunity for students to come to their own conclusions without fully relying on their teacher as the source for information. My only concern is that in a busy elementary classroom it is already difficult to find time to go to the bathroom much less provide more time for science observation and questioning. Are there any good tips on how to best plan your day so that science gets as much attention as possible but the other subjects aren't hurt because of it?

Karen Reyes Karen Reyes 875 Points

Hello, I believe that the best advice would be planning ahead of time. Of course, your lesson will not come out perfect but having time is really important. Try to schedule everything and stay on top of time. You can also use a timer within class to help you as well. 

Amy Woodeshick Amy Woodeshick 695 Points

Hi! I am in student teaching this semester and I have been having an issue with my time management. My cooperating teacher strengths is her time management and I have been observing her. She has a schedule of her day and makes sure she keeps with that. If something in her day goes off than she will make sure to do at least a mini lesson of science. Even doing a mini lesson is good and students get to have science in their day. Their are a lot of resources you can use to make your science lesson engaging and short if needed to be. I get a lot of my ideas off of pinterest and online. A resource I use is stem and scope which is from my district website. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers