Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / Lesson for Kinder Students?

Early Childhood

Lesson for Kinder Students?

Author Post
Samantha Serna Samantha Serna 180 Points

What is a really good lesson that allows kinder students to get involved with hands on activities/experiments?

Anne Lowry Anne Lowry 8543 Points

There are so many good experiental activities it can be hard to choose.  What are your students studying?  Are there any specific interests the students have discussed?  What phenomenon can you currently ( or recently) find in your community?  The answers to these questiins will help you narrow and find activities

Good luck!
Anne

Monserrat Garcia Monserrat Garcia 210 Points

Hello,

I have found that there are a variety of websites that can be used to find hands on acitivities for all grade levels. For example, the website: https://littlebinsforlittlehands.com/ can give you a few ideas. 

Hope it helps!

Sylvia Esparza Sylvia Esparza 75 Points

Hi, 

One lesson that i think kinder students would have an interest is exploring texture. Students will develop scientific vocabulary words. For example, smooth, rough and bumpy. It allows students to investigate and reason also it will develop the ability to ask questions and seek answers in the classroom and outdoors. The activity for this lesson will emply having them touch different items and describe how they feel using the vocabulary words they just learned.

Autumn Bates Autumn Bates 70 Points

I specifically remember learning about ecosystems in kindergarten. Our teacher bought some caterpillars so we could watch them turn into butterflies, and as part of that lesson she spoke to us about where butterflies and caterpillars normally live. She took us outside and allowed us to look for food we thought the caterpillars might eat on the playground, and places they might live if they were released. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers