Forums

Forums / Professional Learning / Free Life Science Storyline PD - grad credit options from CU Boulder

Professional Learning

Free Life Science Storyline PD - grad credit options from CU Boulder

Author Post
Jonathan Griffith Jonathan Griffith 280 Points

Hello,

My name is Jon Griffith and I am a curriculum developer with the Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES) at the University of Colorado Boulder and a professional learning facilitator for OpenSciEd. My job at CIRES is to connect middle and high school students to the contemporary research being done by scientists at NOAA and CU Boulder by developing innovative educational resources. The resources I develop utilize Ambitious Science Teaching practices extensively and challenge students to gather evidence to construct explanatory models of science phenomena.

This summer (2023), I'll be co-facilitating several FREE virtual workshops with CIRES scientists to lead middle and high school educators through our storyline curricula and a new sensemaking resource called Data Puzzles, 2-3 day lessons that combine classroom-friendly datasets with Ambitious Science Teaching practices to help students make sense of phenomena. Educators who complete these workshops will be eligible to receive a certificate for PD hours (free) or purchase a graduate credit from the University of Colorado Boulder ($90).

Please find additional information about these FREE virtual workshops below (see flyers attached). Please send questions to [email protected].

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers