Forums

Forums / Distance Learning / How to stay motivated to balance work and distance learning

Distance Learning

How to stay motivated to balance work and distance learning

Author Post
Jose Vazquez Jose Vazquez 235 Points

Peoples biggest concern is motivation when coming across a big obstacle. How can we stay motivated to balancing work and distance learning? Being in the pandemic and doing something different which is to transition to person on person class setting to online classes with zoom. Working and doing online classes has a been a little tough but achievable. The first thing I do when doing online classes is to print out the calender so I know when things will be turned in. Make sure you sleep good amount of hours so you will be with good energy the next day and at work. I shower with cold showers so I can stay awake and focused. Being in this situation, you will have to manage your time so you will not procrastinate. Doing these things, I assure you you will achieve your classes and will not be stressed. 

Vanesa Vega Vanesa Vega 400 Points

It's shocking how the pandemic has extremely impacted the lives of human beings. The lack of motivation is a big problem, but it is up to you to keep on going. Its's been tough for everyone to adapt to new things. In my personal experience, my biggest obstacle was becoming familiarized more with technology, although, I am a smart, beautiful and young women I sometimes struggle with technology. however I was able to overcome that obstacle. It might seem hard, but as you say it is possible when you find your motivation.

Jesus Gutierrez Jesus Gutierrez 285 Points

A very appropriate topic in our current situation. A new online semester just started, at least for me, and staying on top of everything can be very difficult and confusing at times. Your approaches and mine are very similar. I also like to keep my calendar updated and as specific as possible so that nothing escapes my vision, but I like starting with the weekly assignments first. The way I do it is that I write down the class name along with the assignments on small post-it notes that I paste around my desk until I complete them. By organizing them into priority levels, I can work calmly on all of them with time to spare. This way I am sure of what I need to do every week and how much time I have to do everything. I also like drinking coffee before my online classes, and I make sure to not miss my Crossfit classes which are a great way to stay active and relieve stress.

ASHLEY JUSTICE ASHLEY JUSTICE 1610 Points

We must stay motivated and know that there will be a rainbow at the end of the tunnel. Life can be busy, but I have learned to make a schedule for myself to stay organized, on task, and focused. Always keep the end in mind=greatness!

Haley Coleman Haley Coleman 280 Points

In times like these, it is easy to become unmotivated and to fall behind on work.  I know right now, life is very chaotic and due to the weather changing it is easy to want to stay in bed and relax.  However, a way to get motivated is to set alarms and get up at a reasonable hour.  Get dressed, make your bed, and make breakfast.  Have your day planned out.  I think it is important to have a list of due dates so you could manage when you should work on each assignment.  I found that it was easiest to dedicate a specific amount of time on each assignment.  For example, if I had to write an English paper, I tell myself to work on it from 3:00pm to 4:00pm.  After that I give myself a break.  Then if I have to read a chapter, I tell myself I will work on that from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm.  Allowing for breaks helps you to recharge and setting a time limit lessens the stress you are experiencing.  It is important to just stay organized and have a set schedule for yourself.  Always have the mindset that you can do it and that it will get done!

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers