Forums

Next Generation Science Standards

Early Childhood

Author Post
Madison Whatley Madison Whatley 190 Points

Should I incorporate an outstanding trade book in all of my lessons? Or does a book on the bookshelf work?

Pamela Dupre Pamela Dupre 92369 Points

As long as the book is engaging and fits the content you are teaching, I don't think it should matter. I'm  interested to see what others think about this.

Kearstin Hansel Kearstin Hansel 635 Points

Hello! I am an elementary education student at Wartburg College and from all of the classes that I have had, most recomend having books for lessons but sometimes they are not needed. I think that it depends on the content that you are teaching, and if the book fits. If you cannot find a book that fits students would also respond well to short videos on the topic at hand. 

Diana Lee Diane Lee 70 Points

I totally agree with you, Pamela. We want to engage all learners and if the book has content that will motivate students to learn, then use it!

Mary Bigelow Mary Bigelow 10275 Points

I would also agree to use what you have, if it fits with your topic and is scientifically accurate! -- Mary B

Kristin Preast Kristin Preast 1670 Points

I would have a book for lessons for your teaching then I would also have some in the little library. This way kids can learn as much as possible.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers