Forums

Forums / STEM / STEM Bellringers

STEM

STEM Bellringers

Author Post
Hayden Whited Hayden Whited 180 Points

I am an Early Childhood Education major, and I will be graduating in two years with my Master's and an endorsement in STEM. I love the idea of incorporating STEM into elementary school classrooms. By doing so, students have opportunities to be innovative, creative, curious, and collaborative. In my future classroom, I would love to begin the day with a quick science activity to get my students thinking and engaged. I love using Pinterest to find quick STEM challenges. Does anyone know of any other resourceful and educational websites that will help me find ideas for future STEM challenges? Thank you!

George Mehler George Mehler 1575 Points

Hi Hayden, STEM is incredibly important and the earlier we can incorporate it into the classroom the better! I have a resource that will help you incorporate fun and engaging science demonstrations into the classroom. I am a professor of science methods at Temple University and I have been developing a YouTube channel called FunScienceDemos that is home to hundreds of free science video demonstrations that are easy to recreate in the classroom! They are all common core aligned and cover a wide array of topics Check it out and subscribe to our channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/funsciencedemos Best, Dr. George Mehler Ed.D., Temple University

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers