Forums

Forums / Earth and Space Science / Solar system

Earth and Space Science

Solar system

Author Post
Jada De Los Santos Jada De Los Santos 590 Points

I know there are multiple ways to teach the acronym for the order of the planets. Which would be the best acronym for the students to learn the order? Is it an efficient way to have the students learn the acronym as a way for them to remember the order of the planets?

Rey Garces Rey Garces 420 Points

Hi Jada I am a person who struggles to learn science but making acronyms has greatly helped me when it comes to order. The order of the planets starting closest to the sun starts from Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupitar, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. The acronym can be anything we will just have to be creative. My acronym I would use is ' My village eats my jelly now.' I made my acronym fun and something I feel like my students will remember.

Ana Guerrero Ana Guerrero 380 Points

Hello Jada, I personally think that acronyms helps many of us. It helps me to remember a strategy or a formula for math. There are many acronyms for science and math. I think that having acronyms for planets would also help many students to pass their exams, get good grades on their homeworks, and also remember the order of the planets for a long time. I think that for us to come up with a good acronym for the order of planets it would need to include all of them and sound correctly. I personally like the acronym of 'My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Noodles'.

Bryanda Garza Bryanda Garza 560 Points

Hello Jada! When I was learning the order of the planets the acronym that worked best for us was My Very Educated Mother Just Serves Us Nachos. I do believe acronyms are an efficient way for students to learn the order of the planets. 

Marsh Ray Marsh 30 Points

I believe, they can be remembered without any acrnyms as well. though they'll need to put some more effort.

Jimena Gloria Jimena Gloria 500 Points

Hi Jada, 

I learned the order of the planets with My Very Educated Mom Just Served Us Nachos, but I've heard other people say that they learned this with My Very Excellent Mother Just Served Us Noodles.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers