Forums

Forums / Evaluation and Assessment / Test Generator

Evaluation and Assessment

Test Generator

Author Post
Chasity White Chasity White 340 Points

I have been using ExamView software to generate science tests for the last 13 years.  I have also used problem attic to find test items.  However, I am now looking for a new test item bank and test generator software program. I need software that would have item banks for earth, life, and physical science for the middle grades.  Do any of you have any suggestions for a good software program to purchase?  

Emily Faulconer Emily Faulconer 5755 Points

This is a great question! I teach online and found that publisher banks were nearly 100% compromised on cheating websites. I know it is different for students sitting in a classroom - that is less of a worry unless they have access to their phone or a computer. I am curious if anyone uses a test bank that is not compromised. It is cumbersome to write my own questions since I use pools and allow multiple attempts. But I have found that my in-house questions do not get compromised online (so my students aren't uploading them to the cheating websites). 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers