Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / Future Educator

Early Childhood

Future Educator

Author Post
Fernanda Hernandez Fernanda Hernandez 180 Points

Since I struggle with science as a student, any tips or suggestions for me in order to be more prepared so it can be easier for me to teach science? 

Leesly Verdin Leesly Verdin 510 Points

What a great question, I want to recommend following teachers on instagram that are active on their social media! I have recently found and followed first time teachers that share their activites and part of their lesson plans for each subject. It is also fun to see other teachers perpective on how they can teach a material. You can also have a journal specifically for notes and a planner. 

Valerie Rocha Valerie Rocha 520 Points

Hello Fernanda, 

Just like you I struggle with science as a student. One tip that I suggest is to get familier with what grade level you want to teach. Then you can go more in depth on what science content is being taught in the grade level of choice. This can assist you in aquiring more knowledge for your future career. In addition, you can review or make observations on different lesson plans and teaching methods. Good luck on your future! 

Sofia Correa Sofia Correa 510 Points

This is a great question I sometimes wonder the same on how could I as a future educator become the best educator I can be for my students to learn all the information they need to achieve and be prepared for the next grade level. There are so many different forms of technology that we can use to teach these students and get ideas on how to tecah the best subject. What helped me understand and feel more confident with my tecahing aid job is listening to youtube videos and how tecahers teach specific subjects or even looking up different approachs on how to teach there are so many options now online we can use to our benefit.

Laura Limon Laura Limon 1050 Points

This is such a great question, I also want to know this! I am a student teacher, and what I've been doing lately is getting prepared for the science lesson a few days prior, watching youtube videos on the topic for the particular grade level, and observing how other teachers teach the topic. This helps a lot.  

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers