Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / Collection of a Variety of Elementary Science Resources

Elementary Science

Collection of a Variety of Elementary Science Resources

Author Post
Erika Vallarino Erika Vallarino 345 Points

I chose the six resources to add to my collection based on scientific areas that peak my interest. I feel that as a teacher, one should be passionate in what they teach and by selecting activities and topics that match that passion, the students will greatly benefit from the instruction. I also chose a resource that provides methods and strategies to encouraging student-generated questions. Throughout the semester we have learned the importance of an inquiry-based lesson and I felt that this resource can provide useful and helpful information when developing a lesson plan. The five other resources I selected range from Biology to Health, and a little Earth and Space. They were all subject areas that can fit into an elementary classroom and can create a fun, educational lesson. Overall, creating the collection of resources was a great way to explore the NSTA website, as well as, learning about new ways to add articles, journals, and activities to my library for my personal use in the future or to share with a colleague.

SCE4311 Collections (6 items)

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers