Forums

Forums / Life Science / Field Trips in Elementary Classrooms

Life Science

Field Trips in Elementary Classrooms

Author Post
Maxwell Miller Maxwell Miller 765 Points

Hello everyone! My name is Max Miller, and I am a fourth-year elementary education major at Wartburg College in Waverly, Iowa. I am working towards my K-8 reading endorsement, but I am incredibly invested in science education. I would love to utilize field trips in my future classroom because they provide very real experiences and opportunities that sometimes cannot be undergone in the average classroom. I am a nature buff and grew up spending countless hours in the outdoors fishing and hiking with my family, so I love to teach about animals, ecosystems, and life science in general. What recommendations or tips do any of you have for potential field trips or opportunities that are worth considering in an elementary STEAM classroom? Thank you!

Leslie Lamb Leslie Lamb 753 Points

Zoos, museums, wonder works, farms, and state/ national parks. I have found a lot of places have something for field trips. Depending on budget and local area there are lots of options. I found that most places you want for a field trip is a great oppertunity to put science everywhere. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers