Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / hands on activities

Early Childhood

hands on activities

Author Post
Marisol Segovia Marisol Segovia 90 Points

I was wondering if children learn faster while performing hands on activities or if they learn better with visual representations? In other words, how are young children fully engaged to learn and process what they are learning without getting so distracted.

Stephanie Garcia Stephanie Garcia 770 Points

I believe students learn in different methods and it's important for students to find what works best for them. Some students are hands on students and like to learn by grabbing things because that what  makes it easier for them to learn. While on the other hand, other students like to learn by watching others do it. Students will always get distracted but it's important to know what works best with each student. 

Dania Yanez Dania Yanez 550 Points

I believe that each student/children is different. It is important to explore different alternatives and methods of teaching. Young children are usually engaged by hands on activities, but visuals provide a great imagery to let the students know what they are learning about. In my opinion, a combination of both of those methods of teaching is important in a classroom. 

Diana Jaime Diana Jaime 510 Points

Hello Marisol, I believe that all students learn differently. Some students learn faster with hands-on activities and for others it is easier to learn by just looking. Since all students have different ways of learning they all have longer and shorter attention span. It is important that you know what works best for your students so that you can keep the students attention as long as possible. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers