Forums

Forums / Professional Learning / Area Conference in Kansas City, Oct 2010

Professional Learning

Area Conference in Kansas City, Oct 2010

Author Post
Flavio Mendez Flavio Mendez 52501 Points

Greetings from KC! Stop by the NSTA Avenue and meet us! What are your questions about NSTA and/or the NSTA Learning Center? How do you use the Learning Center? What resources do you like the most? Which is your favorite tool in the Learning Center? Let us hear from you! Flavio.

Nina Jackson Nina Jackson Points

Very informative. Provides an opportunity to see and review topics/subjects available to all educators. I like the Forum opporunity to communicate with others. Nina

Ruth Hutson Ruth Hutson 64325 Points

I stopped by the booth today. It was great to meet Flavio. I love to use the journal articles. They have very creative ideas to use with my students.

As a first timer to a NSTA conference this has been a marvelous experience.It is almost difficult to believe that so many science teachers, resources and information could be assembled in one place and be coordinated the way this conference has been. Kudos to the organizers. Great Job. Marlon

Leslie Carlisle Leslie Carlisle 2145 Points

NSTA has been the best investment I have made since becoming a science teacher/career-changer 5 years ago. Where do I begin with what I love about the Learning Center? Webseminars, MyLibrary, ScienceObjects... It is overwhelming. Each year I have added a little to my repertoire. As a first year teacher, I couldn't get enough of the Stop Faking It! Webseminars which helped with my immature physics knowledge. The Webseminars are great because you get to connect with your professional peers from all over the U.S. and learn from experts in the field. The electronic journal articles are a virtual goldmine. As a member, I can view all of the journals...middle level, elementary, and high school. Thanks for all that NSTA has done to give me more tools for teaching.

Dear All (Nina, Marlon, Leslie, Ruth, and others): The conference in KC was great! We are on our way home energized with the new content/strategies we learned and most importantly because of the people we met. Dayna Anderson and I had the opportunity to meet many of you who stopped by the NSTA Avenue and attended the Learning Center session. Thank you! Have a great semester and we look forward to seeing you again at a future NSTA Conference. Flavio.

Thanks Adah, Your idea of a "First Timer" conference attendee session is a good one. We offer such a session on the first day (Thursday) of every conference at 8:00 am. It is, like you say, one of the most popular sessions. In addition, we have in the past offered web seminars in advanced of the conference to answer attendees questions and provide tips to maximize the conference experience. What, in your opinion (and others), are the agenda topics that first-time conference attendees would want to know about any conference? Flavio.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers