Forums

Forums / Distance Learning / Distance Learning

Distance Learning

Distance Learning

Author Post
Kenya Rivera Kenya Rivera 590 Points

Many students talk about not having any motivation and not being able to concentrate through virtual learning, therefore what are some ways teachers can have students engaged through virtual learning? 

Kayla Ruiz Kayla Ruiz 295 Points

Hello Kenya!

I gravitated towards your post because looking for the engagement levels while virtual learning is a big struggle right now. But I know it is something that can indeed be reached. For example, teachers can create a fun system to where all students will share or speak at some point in time of the meeting. A fun addition to this is creating an exit ticket game. At the end of the class the students will be asked to describe what they learned in no more than three words and for every day they participate in this they will begin to stack up points that can be used for incentives at a later time like the end of the semester.

Ana Iracheta Ana Iracheta 405 Points

Hello Kenya, I believe there is several ways teachers can engage students through virtual learning. Teachers can make connections to the student's experiences, and current situations. The teachers can also add some fun into the classroom by adding themes to the day, creating a point system, and giving time for creativity. To engage students even further, teachers can take students on virtual fieldtrips that serve as supplemental learning. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers