Forums

Forums / Next Generation Science Standards / Daily Do Reflection & Phenomena Extension

Next Generation Science Standards

Daily Do Reflection & Phenomena Extension

Author Post
Tyler Beisch Tyler Beisch 205 Points

Hello All! I recently wrapped up the school year and as I did, I realized that I had collected a long list of excellent resources to sift, sort, and utilize in the future. One of these is the collection of Daily Do sensemaking tasks. As I read a recent one 'Why Are There Fish in the Desert?' I thought this would be a great way phenomenon to explore or adapt for the classroom. I was thinking it would be good for MS.History of Earth (MS-ESS1-4, 2-2, 2-3) standards. Plus, with some further exploration, I feel like I could find some local resources and fossils that might help extend this activity. 

Does anyone have any similar activities they do with this? Anyone found any other Daily Do that they feel would make a great Earth Science phenomenon?

Related Articles:

National Parks Fossils

Nat Geo Article

PopSci Article

*Attempt #2 - I apologize if this is going out twice, in the midst of posting a previous post, something went wrong on the site and it didn't appear to post. 

Attachments

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers