Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / 5E Lesson Parts of a Plant

Elementary Science

5E Lesson Parts of a Plant

Author Post

Hello, everyone! I am creating a lesson plan that talks about the parts of a plant. I would like to know what are some fun activities that can hook students onto my lesson plan? I do not want my lesson to be lecture-based, I would like to involve activities in my lesson. How can I make an activity connected to the parts of the lesson plan? If you have any ideas, please feel free to post comments or ideas about parts of a plan.

Jeannie Lu Jeannie Lu 1265 Points

Hello Ms. Velazquez! 

One of the activities you can have students doing is that you can have them create their own plant. One of the ways you can have create their own plant is using blue construction paper to create the air background and brown contrauction paper to create the soil. Then students cut out brown yarn or a string to represent the roots, add a green straw to represent the stem, have leaves for students to paste, cupcake liner to represent the flower and add seeds such as sunflowers to show the seeds. Students can create a 3D plant and Use it t label the parts of the plant. Hope this activity helps! 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers