Forums

Forums / New Teachers / New Teacher Tips

New Teachers

New Teacher Tips

Author Post
Alejandra Giraldo Alejandra Giraldo 2855 Points

Being a teacher today can be challenging since the schools main focus many time is on standardized test subjects like math and writing. Science many times is pushed back . With todays technology many cool hands on activities are available for us. There are many great websites with videos and experiment ideas. After my teaching science class I learned that the best way to teach science methods is by incorporating hands on activities like experiments. Using activities is more effective than just lecturing or giving the students terms to memorize. My favorite experiment in my teaching science class was using the diaper to see how much water it observed . I was amazed when we cut it open and saw what it was made of. Science can be pushed away in schools but as new teachers it is our job to bring back this love for learning and experimenting with different things in science. This is a great website with interactive  activities https://phet.colorado.edu.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers