Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / Incorporating Science into Other Subjects

Elementary Science

Incorporating Science into Other Subjects

Author Post
Katelyn Sherman Katelyn Sherman 7485 Points

Hello, my name is Katelyn Sherman, and I am an Elementary Education major at Henderson State University. I am student teaching this coming spring and will be teaching in my first classroom next fall! I want to have lessons and activities in my classroom that allow me to incorporate science even when I do not have a set time during the day for it. Does anyone have any lessons or activities that incorporate science into other subjects? Thank you! 

Allison Corwin Allison Corwin 1210 Points

Hi there Katelyn!

I am currently student teaching in a third grade classroom. We do not have a set time for science instruction which means all science lessons we teach have to be integrated with either language arts or math. One thing that I like to do is have my students read non-fiction texts and answer questions about the text. I also plan scientific inquiries that require my students to detail their findings in writing! Math topics like measurement can also be easily incorporated into scientific investigations.

I hope this helps!

Allie Corwin

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers