Forums

Forums / Life Science / AP Biology Resources

Life Science

AP Biology Resources

Author Post
Mary Ann Ng Mary Ann Ng 3385 Points

I am teaching AP Bio next year ( one class of 12th graders) for the first time. I know of the late Kim Foglia's website and Paul Anderson's Bozemanbiology videos on youtube. What other resources do you recommend?

Osamu Ono Osamu Ono 220 Points

Mary, Do you know which textbook you will be using? If you are going to use Pearson, they have a lot of resources that you can download from their website. For example.. PowerPoints - PowerPoints created by Pearson that matches the textbook. Students can obtain them as well if they sign up for the www.masteringbiology.com with the codes from their textbook. Mastering Biology.com - also has videos and pictures that you can use for introducing major topics such as photosynthesis. The website also provides you with clicker questions that you can use for during lecture, as well as making paper multiple choice quizzes. They also have guides that you can use to help with your instruction. Testbank - the Pearson website will also provide you with a testbank that you can use based off of the book. Many of the questions on there are difficult to answer however, so it might be good to stay away from using it too much. Reading Guide Answers - The pearson website also provides the answers for the reading guides the students can purchase. The reading guides focus on the topics covered in the AP exam. Youtube - on youtube, you can also look at videos that will demonstrate how to do the AP Labs. Since the labs all changed this year, some of them may not apply anymore. So you might want to find some new ones. Biology Corner - This website has some simple things that will cover the basics of AP Biology. Some of the resources on here are a little old, so you might want to modify them. The link is below. http://www.biologycorner.com/APbiology/index.html Also, at the AP Biology training you will have, they should provide you with many different resources as well. Good luck! This was my first year doing it and it was pretty tough!

Osamu Ono Osamu Ono 220 Points

By the way, the book for Pearson that comes with all those resources is the Reece,Campbell 9th edition.

Mary Ann Ng Mary Ann Ng 3385 Points

Thanks Arlene and Osamu. I'll be using Campbell.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers