Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / Future Educator

Early Childhood

Future Educator

Author Post
Esmeralda Estrada Esmeralda Estrada 350 Points

Hi everyone, I am Esmeralda am going to graduate with my Bachelor’s in Interdisciplinary Studies with a concretion of Bilingual Elementary Education. I wanted to get some advice to prepare myself as a first year teacher. Any advice for students to respect you but at the same time trust you? Thank you in advance for your advice.

Lizeth Beltran Lizeth Beltran 590 Points

Hi Esmeralda, I think a way you can get students to respect you and trust you as thier teacher is by using confident body language. Confident behavior earns immediate respect. Another way can be by saying exaclty what you said you would do in classroom instructions. A way you can get your students to trust you is through interaction, this way will soon have them trust you but respect you at the same time. 

Julia Blum Julia Blum 20 Points

Hello Esmeralda, I think the best advice that I've been given that I can give to you is to trust your knowledge. You are almost done with your bachelor's and I believe that you've learned enough information to be a great teacher. I wish you all the best! 

-Julia Blum

Stephanie Spross Stephanie Spross 40 Points

Hi Esmeralda,

I've found that being firm and consistent with my expectations has been key. Students learn the expectations and routines that then provide them a safe learning environment in which they are able to fully participate in their learning.  

Best of luck! 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers