Forums

Forums / New Teachers / Pre Student Teaching

New Teachers

Pre Student Teaching

Author Post
Rachel Jones Rachel Jones 720 Points

Hello! I am going to be entering student teaching next semester for an elementary education program, and was wondering if anyone had any advice? It can be for student teaching or for when I graduate and have a classroom of my own. Thanks!

Ray Scolavino Ray Scolavino 10974 Points

Resources will be your best friend.  Look through the NSTA Publications and find resource books you would love to have, then since the holiday season is coming up, give this out to your friends and family as suggestions for gifts for you.  It will save you money since you do not need to purchase them and you will have gifts you can use throughout your teaching.

Nekita Kennedy Nekita Kennedy 345 Points

I agree with you, I believe that resources are teachers best friend.  That is wise advice to suggest friends and family to help build your book supply.  Another great resource I find nice is to check out your local garage sales, and you will find tons of books at really reasonable prices.  I have to check out the free resouces NSTA publications offer.    

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers