Forums

Forums / General Science and Teaching / In-Between Unit Activity Suggestions

General Science and Teaching

In-Between Unit Activity Suggestions

Author Post
 Jennifer Green 705 Points

Do you have any suggestions for an activity to do in between units? I am finishing a unit on Wednesday with an assessment and don't want to start the new unit until Monday because I will have new students starting Monday. I was thinking about either a review of previous units or an activity to review SEPs or certain CCCs. Any good (and fun!) suggestions? 

Torrey Wenger Torrey Wenger 907 Points

Ooo, do a model/ poster challenge. Have the kids make some sort of explanatory thing (a model, a poster, a poem, whatever) of anything they thought was particularly important from any previous unit. (This can include the science & engineering practices & the cross-cutting concepts.) Or something they learned in class that connected to something else - either in another class or at home. It'll be a quick one - create the thing on Thursday & present it on Friday - but it's a chance for them to think creatively & to make connections (& to practice science communication skills). Whatever you do, have fun!

Jennifer Green 705 Points

I love this idea! Thank you SO much! 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers