Forums

Forums / New Teachers / How to keep students interested in Science

New Teachers

How to keep students interested in Science

Author Post
Stephanie Musser Stephanie Musser 1070 Points

I am wondering what techniques to use when teaching special needs students science. Is it easier to do hands on things or if it would be easier for them to just watch videos and take short quizzes? I will need to know these ideas and standards for my lesson plans.

Betty Paulsell Betty Paulsell 48560 Points

Here is a link to a discussion on special needs students in this same forum that may help you. http://learningcenter.nsta.org/discuss/default.aspx?tid=3ls/S1ePqi4_E

Alissa Marvin Alissa Marvin 1020 Points

I am hoping to become a new teacher, and I do not have much experience. Although I have found (while dealing with kids) that one way to keep younger children involved is to do as many hands on activities as possible. Many children also learn better that way

Alissa Marvin Alissa Marvin 1020 Points

I am hoping to become a new teacher, and I do not have much experience. Although I have found (while dealing with kids) that one way to keep younger children involved is to do as many hands on activities as possible. Many children also learn better that way

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers