Forums

Forums / General Science and Teaching / Teaching and Learning During a Pandemic

General Science and Teaching

Teaching and Learning During a Pandemic

Author Post
Adamary Villarreal Adamary Villarreal 450 Points

Hello teachers and future teachers, as a student and future teacher I'd like to know what safety measures different teachers have in place when it comes to the pandemic for in-person instruction. For my fellow future teachers, I'd like to know what safety measures you are taking when it comes to attending in-person classes, and how are you adapting to the changes made due to the pandemic? I have several friends who have complained about online classes, because to them the traditional classroom is easier. I have noticed that the difficulty of my classes has risen due to it being online, and not being able to reach out to my teachers as easily. Although, I do prefer to have the majority of my classes online for my family's safety and wellbeing.

Jose Solis Jose Solis 410 Points

There are multiple measures that can be taken to minimizie the risk of covid-19 transmission. One of the measures that I have seen many districs take is requiring students wear masks, however, that is obvious. The other measures I have seen are: spreading out desks, spraying down materials before and after usage, and minimize group work. If working as a group is a must, try to only group the student in pairs and when the class does break out for a group session again keep the same pairs. This should help people with contact tracing assuming a case of covid shall arise. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers