Forums

Forums / Earth and Space Science / Looking for good water resources

Earth and Space Science

Looking for good water resources

Author Post
 Chris Blackstock 1140 Points

I have the paperwork to apply for a grant of up to $500 to teach water related topics. I am an elementary science enrichment teacher, which means I see every class in my school one time per week. I do a HUGE unit on water with my 2nd graders and would LOVE to apply for this grant. I'm looking for any suggestions on good resources, kits, activities, etc. that I could put into my grant proposal. Any suggestions would be much appreciated - with links to pages, descriptions, etc. would be even better!!! This is only the 2nd year of this program so I'm still collecting ideas and materials, so nothing will be considered too small or insignificant! :-)

Cris DeWolf Cris DeWolf 11965 Points

Groundwater models are useful - but expensive. This link goes to a site that sells them - and also sells plans on how to build your own. I've often seen them at science teacher conferences, and would have liked to be able to get one. They have raffles (sometimes) where they give one away, but I have never won one. http://www.envisionenviroed.net/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAneujBRDcvL6f5uybhdABEiQA_ojMgqA7uy_CfRTLfqUfJaqGhuRKxf7vzRnx3DQSyY-lc-YaAkLy8P8HAQ

Carolyn Mohr Carolyn Mohr 92276 Points

Hi Chris, Project WET (http://www.projectwet.org) has some resources that may be of interest to you; if nothing else perhaps the site will provide ideas. Carolyn

Betty Paulsell Betty Paulsell 48560 Points

I think a good starting point would be any of the science equipment companies to see what books and kits they have available. Also check with your local natural resources agency or conservation department to see what they might have.

Sharon Jacobs Sharon Jacobs 245 Points

I agree with Carolyn. I took Project Wet several years ago. It has some good hands-on projects/activities that range from 2nd to 6th grade.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers