Forums

Forums / Distance Learning / Distance Learning

Distance Learning

Distance Learning

Author Post
Daniela Pollato Daniela Pollato 480 Points

I found several posts about virtual field trips and ways to make class fun and encouraging for students learning science during these pandemic times. However, I was wondering how teachers teaching through distance learning are balancing their home life along with constantly having work at home since there is no 'off time' or no 'drive time' i physically disconnect and move to another space. Are you constantly working or do you limit yourself to a certain amount of hours?

Inga Coba Inga Coba 495 Points

Hi Daniela! I was wondering the same. I have a younger sister that is in six grade and one thing that I found interesting was that once schools allowed personnel back on campus, her math teacher taught through zoom but in her classroom. I thought that her teacher had an amazing idea because she didn't have to stay home and work from home. She was able to go on campus like she used to and have her old work space. It is a little different because she has to teach through zoom, but she doesn't feel as unmotivated to teach as a teacher would feel when they are working from home. I think coming up with a routine and schedule would be a great thing to do in order to adjust to the new normal. Teachers cannot go from working regular hours to working all day; that is so exhausting. With a routine and a schedule, teachers have time to do everything they used to do pre- pandemic times, at least I would hope so. Limiting yourself to a certain amount of hours is definitely needed. Teachers are not robots! 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers