Forums

Forums / Professional Learning / FREE online course from the Exploratorium: Exploring Light

Professional Learning

FREE online course from the Exploratorium: Exploring Light

Author Post
Amy Oates Amy Oates 20 Points

Exploring Light: Get hands on online with the Teacher Institute!
Join us online from March 24–April 27 for Exploring Light. Taught by TI staff and offered by the Exploratorium through Coursera, Exploring Light is a free professional development workshop for middle-school and high-school science teachers and general enthusiasts. Learn about visual perception, optics, image making, color, and the history of our understanding of light—by watching demonstrations of videos and exhibits and by doing fun, hands-on activities that allow you to directly experience natural phenomena using readily available materials. We’ll also explore teaching strategies and share valuable resources and tips for the classroom. We promise it will be an illuminating experience for everyone!
Learn more and enroll: https://www.coursera.org/course/explorelight

David James David James 10 Points

Definitely it's a great thing to have participated in professional development workshops for any teacher, especially when they are managing the classes for middle school and high school students. It will come as a great opportunity to explore new information and ideas from various sources such as educational experts, veteran teachers, etc. I feel really missed this one as I'm a bit late to reach out to read this information here. I do work for an essay writing service where I often provide several effective writing tips and ideas to students to help them improve their skills and manage tasks on their own. I'm sure that the workshop will have helped many teachers to understand various unknown teaching areas and improve their current level of performance. Anyway, looking forward to have read about such an opportunity in the future and if possible to participate in the same.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers