Forums

Forums / Distance Learning / How stressful do you find teaching remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic?

Distance Learning

How stressful do you find teaching remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic?

Author Post
Alexandra Reyna Alexandra Reyna 415 Points

I am not a teacher yet, but I do have little cousins and I see how hard it is for them to focus when being on zoom. They are so frustrated with the internet constantly going out. I would say it is very stressful for teachers as well, trying to get the whole class to focus and grab everyone's attention. 

Emily Faulconer Emily Faulconer 5755 Points

I have been teaching fully online since 2016 so not much changed for me in 2020 in regards to my teaching. However, I now have to juggle teaching my classes while also directing my children's education from home, which is a monumental task. Internet hiccups are devastating to all 3 of us. I enjoy the flexibility of teaching asynchronously online and my son (1st grader) loves learning that way. My daughter is doing synchronous zoom classes all day long and I often find her zoning out instead of engaging with her class. She's 14. That could easily be what her school day looked like in person, too, and I just couldn't see it! 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers