Forums

Forums / New Teachers / Virtual Middle School Science

New Teachers

Virtual Middle School Science

Author Post
Madison Hiestand Madison Hiestand 350 Points

Hello! My name is Madison Hiestand and I am a preservice teacher at Wartburg College. I am an Elementary Ed major with a middle school endorsement. I really appreciate all the great advice and tips on the discussion boards and have learned a lot about teaching virtual science lessons to elementary school students. My question is how can I engage middle school students in science curriculum virtually? What tools have been helpful to keep them engaged and interested while having to teach virtually? How can I incorporate hands on science activities for my future students while online? All ideas and advice are much appreciated!

Nilda Pantaleon Nilda Pantaleon 1735 Points

Hello Madison,

From the observations I have seen in the classroom, there are a few ways. So far I have seen many science projects for kindergarten students to be simple.  I have seen the students collect leaves and then they will trace them on paper. They will also put them underneath their white paper and see it transform. Having easy engaging activities can be very fun and easy for them! Maybe you can also provide them with easy, materials they can use such as a science kit and do them together as a class.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers