Forums

Forums / STEM / STEM Accommodation Suggestions

STEM

STEM Accommodation Suggestions

Author Post
Genesis Villegas Genesis Villegas 430 Points

Hi I'm Genesis, an elementary education major at Domincan University and need some suggestions for a STEM lesson plan. What are some things to keep in mind when creating STEM lessons, specifically adding accommodations or differentiation? 

George Mehler George Mehler 1575 Points

Hi Genesis,

I am part of the FunScienceDemos team which is a youtube channel aimed at making science learning fun and easy. The channel has over 250 videos for every topic and many STEM activites and experiments that simplify and explain scientific concepts. There is also a website for teachers, https://www.funscience.support/. The website has readings, math activities and other helpful resources that I think will be useful in helping you develop your lesson plans for science topics. In my experience, using demonstrations, doing fun easy experiments in class or playing videos to teach a science topic proves to be really useful as it helps students become more engaged and excited. I hope this helps! Thank you and good luck. 

Vanessa Barrera Vanessa 170 Points

Hi Genesis,

Im new to this platform here but have found many interesting articles on nsta, I am a major in education and also want to make my lessons very interesting and fun for my students. What I have learned from my professors is that they always make our classes fun and interacting. I have learned that there are many ways we can teach our students and it doesn't necessarily have to be straight readings from the chapter and endless worksheets. As future teachers it is important to keep in mind that even though we want our students to learn we also want them to have to fun and be engaged in stem lessons. As differentiation can be added in planning, always thinking of your students before or while planning your lessons can have a better outcome and being prepared.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers