Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / Future elementary teacher

Elementary Science

Future elementary teacher

Author Post
Gisselle Ulloa-Rios Gisselle Ulloa-Rios 520 Points

I am excited to learn more about science and how to have more interactive lessons while having fun. 

Andrea Martinez Andrea Martinez 670 Points

Hi Giselle,

I like you am also super excited to learn more about how to teach science to my future kiddos. I also want to generate effective and interactive lessons while having fun because we can always learn with a fun lesson. 

Brianna Moreno Brianna Moreno 380 Points

Hi Gisselle, fellow future educator here as well! Im so excited as well to learn more about ssscience not only that but how to make it fun an dengaging for our future student. 

Laura Limon Laura Limon 1050 Points

I'm a student teacher, graduating in December, and I am also excited to have a class of my own so that I can create fun and engaging science activities and lessons. Growing up, I hated those boring science classes that were not fun and engaging. I never learned anything. 

Mary Lynn Hess Mary Hess 12158 Points

Congrtatualtions on your desire to become a teacher. I hope you will find that there are so many rewards in this profession.

When teaching science, I like to use the Engineering Design Process to design a STEM lesson. It allows me to: select real-world topics, emphasize the “it’s okay to fail”/tweak to succeed concepts, fun, teamwork, and ask thought provoking questions. 

Enjoy every moment!

Attachments

Engineering Design Process (External Website)

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers