Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / Hands-on Activities

Early Childhood

Hands-on Activities

Author Post
Veronica Ruiz Veronica Ruiz 230 Points

Hello Everyone! I am currently a student and I am planning on becoming an educator. I was just wondering if anyone knows some great Hands-on and simple but enaging science activities that you could use that go with the elementary curriculum? Thanks in advance for the help!

Julissa Lopez Julissa Lopez 210 Points

Hello Veronica!

Some activities that I have heard recently, for example, is using Oreo cookies to teach students the phases of the moon! Students would simply cut out the pieces of the cream filling to make it either in a crescent or half-moon for example. Afterward, they will have a mini snack! Another great hands-on activity that may require some patience is growing any type of plant/flower to teach them about the cycle of plants. You could even get more 'advanced' and include different type of plants, one that is limited in the sun, and another limited in water to demonstrate to students what will happen if a plant does not meet its requirements to survive. Hope these suggestions help. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers