Forums

Forums / New Teachers / STEM NGSS Learning Stations

New Teachers

STEM NGSS Learning Stations

Author Post
Jayleen Barino Jayleen Barino 230 Points

Aloha mai kakou! (Hi everybody!) 

I am in my last year of my undergraduate studies in an elementary and special education dual certification program in Hawai?i and have learned/discovered that I am so passionate about Learning Stations and absolutely love implementing them. I find that it is the most optimal and effective way to support students, strengthen student-made connections, and foster engagement for majority of the teaching block.

I have implemented Learning Stations for ELA, Social Studies, Writing, and Math however, I have done Science Learning Stations just once and struggled with this. I am currently teaching in a 4th grade inclusion classroom and was wondering what strategies, tips, resources, concepts etc. (whether planning and preparation, pedagogy, etc.) do you use to help make Science Learning Stations both engaging and effective without taking up too much time? Does not have to be specific to a grade level or type of classroom. I know that balancing class time and providing a meaningful learning experience for students is a constant challenge so I look forward to any feedback from the NSTA Community :-)

Mahalo nui! (Thanks a lot!)

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers