Forums

Forums / New Teachers / How is science taught in your classroom?

New Teachers

How is science taught in your classroom?

Author Post
Jannie Morales Jannie Morales 685 Points

What are some tips from current elementary teachers for teaching science efficiently and maintaining great classroom management while doing so? 

Glozing Leveret Glozing 30 Points

In my opinion, to teach and maintain effective classroom management, you need to pay attention to:

Always set rules but don't be too strict

Rules and procedures help teachers communicate and establish behavioral standards and expectations from students. The construction, establishment and maintenance of internal regulations need to ensure consistency and consistency. However, teachers also need to create a positive learning environment, avoiding rules that are too harsh and make students feel suffocated.

Build positive relationships

To help a student behave correctly, it is important to put yourself in their shoes and engage with their thoughts and experiences. This will help you see things from your student's perspective and empathize with the problems they face. Support students by encouraging and motivating not only their studies but also their extracurricular activities drive mad. This will help build a trusting and honest teacher-student relationship.

Eric Adams Eric 10 Points

I guess teaching should a smart and tech savvy. Today we can use many teaching software, websites, and tech blogs to teach people about the latest technology. at Geekydane, We are committed to do so.

David McCaulley David McCaulley 220 Points

One tip I have learned is incorporating hands-on activities and experiments into science lessons, which is, of course, safe for the students. Hands-on activities allow students to actively engage with the material and help them better understand scientific concepts. When it comes to Classroom management, be sure to establish clear expectations and routines in the classroom. Consistent rules and procedures help create a structured environment where students know what is expected of them. By setting clear boundaries and consequences for behavior, you can effectively manage your classroom while allowing creativity and exploration. There are two books I suggest reading, The Classroom Management Book and The First Days of School, both by Harry K. Wong and Rosemary T. Wong. They are both great books for explaining effective classroom management procedures.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers