Forums

Forums / Distance Learning / How can we make sure kids stay interested and involved during our online classes

Distance Learning

How can we make sure kids stay interested and involved during our online classes

Author Post
Elizabeth Rivera Elizabeth Rivera 340 Points

Hi everyone, I am a student at UTRGV and graduating next year to be an EC-3 teacher. I know during the pandemic it was tough keeping all 20+ students engaged and participating and even tougher with the kids learning to use zoom and teachers learning as well as uplaoding assingments only online and trying to keep everything running smoothly. My question is if anything were to happen again like COVID and only having online classes (God forbid) How can we make sure kids stay interested and involved during our online classes?

Brittany Davis Brittany Davis 340 Points

Hi! I think we should have something put into place where we can make sure students stay interested and involved during classes if they are online. It will be a difficult task but districts may have to change something in the curriculum to make sure there are no gaps in learning abilities if it is from a computer. 

Britney Stidham Britney Stidham 240 Points

In todays world we are moving fast towards more online classes. I am currently an 'older' student attened a university trying to become a teacher. I am having trouble myself converting from classroom learning to online learning. I am unsure if I am just old and thats how I learn but I have a hard time keeping up with task, understanding the hard concepts when the lecutures are recorded online and I cannot ask questions immedately.. any suggestions to help me are welcome! 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers