Forums

Forums / General Science and Teaching / Change in Education blog post

General Science and Teaching

Change in Education blog post

Author Post
Lee Graves Lee Graves 190 Points

Hi folks.  I started doing a blog about my flipped classroom and my latest blogpost is about changes in my educational journey http://flippingphysicswithmrgraves.blogspot.com/2017/01/change-is-only-constant.html I hope you enjoy it.  

Chance Duncan Chance Duncan 90 Points

Great job with your blog! I just started blogging with Blogspot this school year to highlight what the science teachers in my district are doing since I'm now in a science coaching position. I've really enjoyed being able to write about what's happening. I had to chuckle a bit when I read through your post and I saw that motion detector. My district is a weird mixture of cutting edge and ancient. At the high school we have a thermal cycler and very nice autoclave along with tons of awesome genetics equipment, engineering and robotics equipment, and basically any consumable supplies you could ask for in the physical or life sciences. And then in the jr hi I discovered those exact motion detectors along with loads of outdated LabPro equipment. And since I found it, it now has a new home in my office until I can rehome it. Anyway, it's interesting to see how amazingly rapidly technology has advanced just since I started teaching 8 years ago. I tend to talk with my hands and model invisible things for students while I do it, so I want to see interactive holograms before I retire. Keep up the awesome work, and I wish you the absolute best with your exchange student!

Judith Lucas-Odom Judith Lucas-Odom 23340 Points

I enjoyed your blog and your thoughts about technology then and now. My school district is still using some of the equipment that was pictured, even in the high school.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers