Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / Making an impact

Early Childhood

Making an impact

Author Post
Allison Silva Allison Silva 610 Points

Something I fear the most is not making an impact on the students at an early age. How would I know if they are understanding what I am teaching them? 

Anastacia Galvan Anastacia Galvan 230 Points

I think as educators that is something that comes to mind all the time when it comes to teaching the students. I believe when we know that they are understanding what we are teaching them. Is by seeing their scores on testing, they are asking fewer questions cause they understood, their positivity in the class, their behavior, and their excitement when it comes to learning a different topic in class. 

Dianey Morua Dianey Morua 590 Points

I believe that the best way to assure a teacher that a student is understanding what is being taught is through assessments. Assessments are able to demonstrate one what the student needs help with and what he has completely gotten the hang of. Taking the outcomes of these assessments into consideration can help you better understand the student.

Karen Leal Karen Leal 670 Points

I believe that the best way to assure a teacher that a student is understanding what is being taught, is by assesments. Student's assessment is a critical aspect of teaching and learning process, and is important because it provides useful feedback to both instructors and students about the extent to which students are successfully meeting course learning objectives. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers