Forums

Forums / General Science and Teaching / Motivation Videos

General Science and Teaching

Motivation Videos

Author Post
Shalen Boyer Shalen Boyer 5750 Points

Does anyone have or use a motivational video at the beginning of the school year?  I'm looking for something science related to inspire students.

Alex Fox Alex Fox 4042 Points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckGnE42oMhg A video like this that shows students different types of phenomenon's should get them engaged!

Kale Lindner Kale Lindner 3045 Points

This might not be helpful or might have passed your mind already, but you could have them make their own motivational video. It could be a project you use to motivate future classes and could be a fun way to have all of your students engaged in both science and technology skills. It also helps integrate some forms of art into the classroom. Just thought it could be something your students might get into.

Amanda Wolfe Amanda Wolfe 16375 Points

Hi Shalen,

On recommendation I have used Symphony of Science videos in the past. I thought no way they are too cheesy for high schoolers but my students loved them! Especially the one about the brain.

But hands down my favorite inspirational video 'A pep talk from kid president to you'

I used to show this around finals time but I think it would be a great start of the year video.

Leslee Scruggs Leslee Scruggs 1310 Points

THank you for sharing, I just learned something new! Symphony of Science, my students will LOVE it

Pamela Dupre Pamela Dupre 92369 Points

I love the kid president!

Kia Widen Kia Widen 3658 Points

Thank you for sharing! I have used kid president with the girls that I coach before, I think that it is great for all ages and students really get into it because it is a kid talking instead of adults over and over again. I will have to check out Symphony of Science I think that it could be a great resource for my future classroom!

Shalen Boyer Shalen Boyer 5750 Points

The Symphony of Science videos are amazing. I love the Bill Nye and Neil DeGrasse Tyson "Beyond the Horizon."

Leslee Scruggs Leslee Scruggs 1310 Points

It is so exciting to learn new trustable resources. Sciecne Symphony is awesome, love it THANK YOU~

Adriana Escobedo Adriana Escobedo 180 Points

hello i am a student studying to be a teacher and after seeing this video it seems like great one to let the kids watch. ill defenitly find use of itin my own classroom. Thanks!:)

Natalie Townsend Natalie Heitkamp 555 Points

Thanks for posting the different videos! It is nice to know of trustworthy sites to use with the students. I love the kid president videos, they are so engaging for the students!

Mike Hudson Mike Hudson 10 Points

Hello Everyone,

If some is still looking for a motivational video, Monsters of The Cosmos from Symphony of Science could be a good pick.

Every year when the new academic session starts at our college, we show some videos or a motivational film to our new students and the Monsters of the Cosmos is one the videos that we show to our new students.

Best Regards
Mike Hudson
Assistant Professor at Distance Education 360

Brenda Velasco Mizenko Brenda Velasco 2695 Points

Great resources! Thanks for sharing. I have never thought about Science motivational videos for the beginning of the school year. This is something I'll consider next school year! I love getting great new ideas on here!

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers