Forums

New Teachers

Author Post
Sara Inman Sara Inman 20 Points

If I am not great with technology, what are some simple ways I can incorporate it into my science lessons?

Carolyn Mohr Carolyn Mohr 92276 Points

Hi Sara,
Can you share a little more information? The technology that one might use in middle or high school is a bit more sophisticated than what might be suggested for elementary. What grade do you teach?
My idea of technology is the designing of a tool that helps to solve a problem; so with that in mind, you might check out some of the Science and Children Engineering Encounters articles. It is a monthly entry with great ideas for adding STEM and technology into one's lessons.
For middle school, this month (February 2017) the Science Scope journal has an article titled, 'Science for all: Using technology to unlock content for students' by KAITLYN MCGLYNN AND JANEY KOZLOWSKI.

Looking forward to hearing back from you! Also, the next time you start a Post, be sure to give it a TITLE before you post the first reply. That way more people might visit your post and share. I posted several times before I figured that out :-)
Hope your school year is going well!
Carolyn

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers