Forums

Forums / Distance Learning / Distance Learning Science Lab Ideas

Distance Learning

Distance Learning Science Lab Ideas

Author Post
Emma True Emma True 950 Points

Hello! 

My name is Emma True. I am a preservice elementary education and special education teacher. A big goal that I have for my future classroom would to implement a strong sense of science. Going along with that, I was wondering if there were any science lab websites that are beneficial to use within my future classroom for students to use? Working with technology is an important thing to consider, and I would really like to widen my resource list. Lastly, I was wondering what is the best advice for implementing science curriculum via online? 

Katlin Massey Katlin Massey 1580 Points

Khan academy is a great tool to use for science websites for kids! Another one is brain pop, national geographic, and the nasa website! using google classroom is another good way to implement the science curriculum via online as you can add your own assignments or documents as well as uploading items from teachers pay teachers. 

William Gammon William Gammon 455 Points

One website we have used is www.generationgenius.com/ it has different activites for science and math for K-8.  There are lesson plans, assessments, different levels of reading materials, DIY activities, discussion questions, teacher guides, and exit tickets.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers