Forums

Forums / Distance Learning / How to stay motivated to balance work and distance learning

Distance Learning

How to stay motivated to balance work and distance learning

Author Post
Jose Vazquez Jose Vazquez 235 Points

Peoples biggest concern is motivation when coming across a big obstacle. How can we stay motivated to balancing work and distance learning? Being in the pandemic and doing something different which is to transition to person on person class setting to online classes with zoom. Working and doing online classes has a been a little tough but achievable. The first thing I do when doing online classes is to print out the calender so I know when things will be turned in. Make sure you sleep good amount of hours so you will be with good energy the next day and at work. I shower with cold showers so I can stay awake and focused. Being in this situation, you will have to manage your time so you will not procrastinate. Doing these things, I assure you you will achieve your classes and will not be stressed. 

Julissa Garcia Julissa Garcia 405 Points

Hello Jose, just like you I like to be organized with my assignments so the first thing that I do is organize my assignments based on the calender and on the due dates as well. Being in this situation can be very difficult but we have to manage ourselfs into overcoming any obstacle throughout our educational pathway in order for us to successfully finish this semester. The best thing to do is manage yourself into organizing yourself as a daily routine. 

Rebecca Torres Rebecca Torres 430 Points

Hello Jose, I understand the difficulty. Life is very differnet compared to the start of 2020. Distance learning has become the norm, and I know students are still struggling when it comes to doing classes online. One way that helped me was by doing the same as you. I print out the activity calendar to know what is due that week, and what I need to do. It is best to keep it organize, and section each class out. I keep everything on my school calendar, and keep each class separetly to help me know what is due. Another is to check your calendar daily, and get online to check your classes. It really helped to set reminders for myself, and to have a strict schedule. Even though the classes are online it's best to wake up early and get started on school work. I would wake up late at first, and ended up doing my school work till 2 in the morning. Following a schedule for yourself will help. Good luck with your online classes.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers