Forums

Forums / Distance Learning / do your eyes ever dry out from staring at a screen all day?

Distance Learning

do your eyes ever dry out from staring at a screen all day?

Author Post
Bianca Garcia Bianca Garcia 360 Points

what do you all do that can prevent from dry eyes?

Brittany Gorena Brittany Gorena 270 Points

I recommend blue light glasses, they have benefited me greatly in straining my eyes while doing virtual learning. Another thing that can help is eye drops along with lots of water! Hope this helps! :)

Marco Morales Marco Morales 630 Points

take many breaks! that's the best answer! staring too long at a screen cane really hurt so make sure to take breaks, for a walk and just get your mind off for a little.

Madison Johnson Madison Johnson 4665 Points

Try blue light glasses! Also, sit in a well-lit room so your eyes aren't straining only on the screen! Take frequent breaks and if worst comes to worst, just take frequent breaks and rest your eyes!

Cecilia Guzman Cecilia Guzman 615 Points

As a student I've learned to mangage my time and do my assignments throughout the week, that way I won't finish them all in one sitting and strain my eyes. If for some reason I'm looking at a screen all day I use eye drops and take breaks frequently; as some other users recommend. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers