Forums

Forums / Next Generation Science Standards / Texts related to NGSS implementation?

Next Generation Science Standards

Texts related to NGSS implementation?

Author Post
Michael Mohammad Michael Mohammad 140 Points

Hello, My graduate work is focusing on NGSS adoption and implementation.  As a part of my work, I am doing a literature review.  I was wondering if anyone had any papers/articles/texts they would recommend that I include related to the topic.  Thank you for any help you can provide, Mike Mohammad

Pamela Dupre Pamela Dupre 92369 Points

Michael, we have not bought science textbooks in over 20 years in our district. We have recently adopted NGSS and our state standards are almost identical to the NGSS. Fortunately, I've kept up with science standards and have not had trouble adapting to the shifts. I use Picture Perfect Science Lessons books from NSTA and some of the trade books that are used in those lessons. I also use this site weekly to find lessons for my colleagues in different grade levels. http://ngss.nsta.org/Curriculum-Planning.aspx There are many resources listed and when teachers use 5E lesson planning, they are excited about the level of engagement in their classrooms.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers