Forums

Forums / General Science and Teaching / summer reading list for middle school students

General Science and Teaching

summer reading list for middle school students

Author Post
Christin Harwick PhD Christin Harwick 1220 Points

I haven't had much success with the local library but hopefully someone in the discussion forum could help me. I am trying to put together a list of summer reading books from which my middle school students may choose. Does anyone have such a list or know where I might find one along with thumbnail descriptions of each plot? Thanks, Criss H

Caryn Meirs Caryn Meirs 26235 Points

Hi Christin -

My middle school MUST READ list begins with Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. I've taught with it for years and years and I still get a rush when a student comes in that day it clicks for them.

What are you teaching - what do you want the kids to get out of their reading experience?

Pamela Auburn Pamela Auburn 68625 Points

The earth science list serve has been active with summer reading suggestions. I thought that I would all this list here for those who might be interested. It is not my list but one submitted to the list serve

Attachments

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers