Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / Future Educators/ Student Discussion (EDCI-3333-91L/ Spring 2021)

Elementary Science

Future Educators/ Student Discussion (EDCI-3333-91L/ Spring 2021)

Author Post
Myrna D Myrna D 390 Points

Hi, My name is Myrna Davila, and I'm currently in my second block of the education program at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. My future goal is to graduate from UTRGV as a Interdisciplinary Studies in Bilingual Education and find a job at an elementary school. If I had the chance to choose a grade level, i would prefer teaching Kindergarten- 2nd grade because I feel that children are exploring the world and have plenty of energy. I honestly have very little knowledge with science, but I will try my best to learn myself throughout the semester to understand and like science a little bit more. My question to y'all is how can we engage our students and parents to be involved in activities during our online courses/classes without boring students, parents and teachers? We all know that due to the pandemic it's difficult for teachers and students to integrate with one another, and to track students learning academic processes during online classes.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers