Forums

Forums / New Teachers / How to prepare for teacher certification exams?

New Teachers

How to prepare for teacher certification exams?

Author Post
Melany Garza Melany Garza 600 Points

Hello everyone, my teacher certification exams are around the corner. I don't know what I should be studying to prepare for them. I am looking for studying tips, book recommendations, or anything to help me ace my certification exam. I would appreciate your suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Maylle Leal Maylle Leal 540 Points

Hi Melany! It mostly depends on what exam you are studying for. For example, for the PPR, I have heard that certify teacher has helped a significant number of students in passing it. I have also heard that 240 tutoring is an excellent resource when it comes to the PPR and also the Core Exam Ec-6. I also recommend watching youtube videos, especially for the Ec-6 core. Some helpful videos that I've heard about are 'good words bad words'. I personally also went ahead and bought the REA workbooks. Goodluck! 

Patricia Rojas Patricia Rojas 645 Points

Hello Melany Garza , You can use certify teacher a eductional practice softhware that permits you to practice for the certification exams.There is many practice exams aviable. Although certify teacher is not a free website platform it really helps you to prepare to study.This is the link https://www.certifyteacher.com/ .

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers