Forums

Forums / New Teachers / Future Elementary Teacher

New Teachers

Future Elementary Teacher

Author Post
Nicole Urrea Nicole Urrea 750 Points

Hello everyone, if everything goes well and I am able to pass all the exams needed to start my career in teaching, I was hoping if anyone knows what I should expect on my first day of teaching elementary? I am just as excited as I am nervous, so is there a first day activity that helps break the ice and allows me to connect with my students that you have found to be useful? 

Elsa Escamilla Elsa Escamilla 1090 Points

Hello Nicole, I have a little experience as a teacher in other country, and my advice to you is try to enjoy the most of you can because this day is going to be an unforgettable day, for example, be authentic, smile, be patient, show disponibility, be positive and more. These are only a few things that they are going to help you a lot in different aspects, for instance, get the students' confidence, open a new better position as a teacher in school, good communication with staff, etc. Undoubtedly, there are more advices that I would like to share with you, but I think based on my experience those aspects are the best to start the first day of school!!! :) 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers